Overview of Goals 2022
At CompuNet, we are committed to conducting our business in a way that promotes environmental sustainability, social responsibility, and ethical behavior. We recognize we have a responsibility to minimize our impact on the environment, while at the same time creating value to our customers and employees. To this end we are committed to:
- Reducing our carbon footprint and energy consumption.
- Minimizing waste and promoting recycling.
- Respecting human rights and protecting the safety of people.
- Conducting our business with integrity and transparency.
- Continuously measuring and improving our sustainability performance.
We believe that sustainability is not just good for the environment and society, but also good for business, and we are committed to integrating sustainable practices into our operations. At CompuNet, we will encourage our technology partnerships to support environmental sustainability so we all can make a positive impact on the planet, but also progress our business objectives.
Our Social Responsibility Policy can be viewed here.
Emission Reduction Goals
Evaluate and complete efficiency upgrades in headquarters office location with upgraded smart lighting, HVAC and water stations.
CompuNet’s corporate headquarters located in Meridian, Idaho was fitted with the following environmental building features
Water Conservation Efforts:
- Restrooms are equipped with low flow aerators in sinks and low flush meters on all wall closets.
- Water bottle filling stations are located throughout the building and have reduced the amount of water bottle used by 4,383.
Energy Saving Efforts:
- Lighting control panels offer high efficiency LED lighting on a timed controller to stop excessive run times. Occupancy sensors were also installed. LCP controlled power outlets also help control ghost loads on receptacles overnight when the building is vacant.
- A building automation system was also installed. The building is run with reliable controls and support from Sunbelt Controls locally. This helps achieve the required fresh air exchanges in the office suites. This system also controls the shutdown of HVAC times that are not needed after hours. These include building exhaust and fresh air intake.
- A variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system was also installed at our HQ location. This system is a single refrigerant circuit that connects many indoor units to one outdoor unit. VRF is a superior way to heat and cool any space, providing improved humidity control, individual set points per indoor unit, and a very quiet, comfortable experience. The sound levels of LG VRF products are among the lowest in the industry. In the heat recovery configuration, VRF also allows for heating and cooling simultaneously in different zones, further enhancing energy savings, and increasing occupant comfort. Energy efficient and easy to design, a VRF system has low life cycle cost compared to other systems on the market today.
- Reduce office location environmental footprint through consolidations and/or reduction of office spaces.
CompuNet has evaluated each office location space and made the following changes to reduce our environmental footprint and therefore our environmental emissions.
Environmental Footprint Reduction Efforts:
- Due to a geographically diverse location and an increased number of remote workers, our Helena, Montana office location was consolidated to operate out of our Bozeman, Montana office space.
- Upon review of spaces and workforce numbers in both our Seattle and Spokane locations, it was determined that a smaller office locations were warranted.
- By consolidating offices or re-locating to smaller office locations, we were able to reduce our environmental footprint by 7,132 square feet.